CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Momentarily

I've been reading in John a lot lately, been yesterday I came across something I thought was really amazing. It was John 8:32 it reads " and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free". I was really thinking about this verse, and how many different interpretations may come about from it. I thought about it for a while, which I do not understand why because it is very straight forward. After a while of thinking about it, it came across to me that even when we lie, we are set free. But this freedom it provides is momentary. And in 1st Thessalonians 1:5 it says "for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction". When we feel this freedom, after a time maybe short maybe long, you will get convicted. It happens to me a lot, my mom will ask me something and just because I am to lazy to form an i just answer yes.

Even with little stupid things like blurted out answers, God still convicts us. Lie is wrong but i think the intention in our heart is very powerful, almost as powerfully if not more then the lie. Its the creation of a deceptive thought. Just doing that hurts me the most. in proverbs is says "A lying tongue hates those it crushes, And a flattering mouth works ruin." wow. If we lie, it's showing "hatred" towards those we are lying too.

I don't know, just somethin' to think about.

0 comments: